- We are: “Called To Be Different”
- Our Mission:
- To share the love of Christ to our friends, neighbors, and to our community. By opening up our doors and our hearts to the many needs in the Pottstown area, we want you to know we love you as Christ loves You.
- If you’re looking for a place to be yourselves, meet new people who truly care about you, and to learn about the awesome love of Christ; stop in and we would love to get to know you.
We Are a Christian People
As members of the Church Universal, we join with all true believers in proclaiming the Lordship of Jesus Christ and in affirming the historic Trinitarian creeds and beliefs of the Christian faith. We value our Wesleyan-Holiness heritage and believe it to be a way of understanding the faith that is true to Scripture, reason, tradition, and experience. more
We Are a Holiness People
God, who is holy, calls us to a life of holiness. We believe that the Holy Spirit seeks to do in us a second work of grace, called by various terms including “entire sanctification” and “baptism with the Holy Spirit”-cleansing us from all sin, renewing us in the image of God, empowering us to love God with our whole heart, soul, mind, and strength, and our neighbors as ourselves, and producing in us the character of Christ. Holiness in the life of believers is most clearly understood as Christlikeness. more
We Are a Missional People
We are a sent people, responding to the call of Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit to go into all the world, witnessing to the Lordship of Christ and participating with God in the building of the Church and the extension of His kingdom (Matthew 28:19-20; 2 Corinthians 6:1). Our mission (a) begins in worship, (b) ministers to the world in evangelism and compassion, (c) encourages believers toward Christian maturity through discipleship, and (d) prepares women and men for Christian service through Christian higher education. more
What to Expect
- What should I expect when I first come into the Pottstown Church of the Nazarene?
- First, you will be warmly greeted by people who genuinely care about you. We are a mixed worship group, with a combination of contemporary and hymnal based worship. The Message will be based on the Bible and all will receive an opportunity for you to respond to the service.
- What is a Nazarene?
- Pottstown Church is part of a denomination called “The Church of the Nazarene.” The words themselves come from Jesus’ birthplace of Nazareth. Therefore, the Nazarene church is proclaiming that it is a denomination that believes in Jesus, “THE Nazarene.” For more information click the link below.